Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kristi Evans Bread Dip


 This recipe has been affectionately renamed Cricket's Crack Dip...be cause they say it is so addicting.
But I can only take credit for making it over and over again. The recipe is not mine, and I am not even sure where it came from.
The first time I had this was at a party I went to at my friend Kristi's.(That is her sweet family in the photo above) I was addicted the minute I tasted it. Every time I take it some place I am always asked buy many people for the recipe. Now when I take it someplace I just take a long a few copies of it. If you are asked to bring something to a party, I can guarantee you they will love it and want you to bring it over and over again!

Bread Dip

16 oz. sour cream
16 oz. mayo
2 Tbsp. dried dill weed
One package "Budding" ham.
One loaf (you may want to get two)french bread.

**The ham is sliced very thin and comes in small packages that hang on hooks in the section where you get your pre-packaged lunch meat.Budding or Budding is the Brand name. I am not sure on the spelling but it is close. If your store doesn't carry that brand choice something similar.

Chop ham...I usually chop mine into pieces about the size of a dime.
Mix ham, sour cream, mayo and dill together.
Cut French bread up into one inch pieces.
Dip bread into mixture and eat....it is sooooo good!

You can eat it right away but I like mine in the fridge for about an hour first.

**NOTE** I have noticed that sour cream comes in 16 oz. but mayo comes in 15 oz. That is fine. The recipe just calls for equal parts mayo and sour cream but one ounce has not made any difference. If you are worried about the fat and calories you can use fat free mayo and sour cream. There is a slight taste difference but very little. I only make this for special occasions so I just use the regular stuff.
Be prepared, once you take it someplace they will always want you to bring it.
Thanks Kristi for a recipe that has made me the hit of several parties...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment