Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cricket's Spicy Potato Wedges



These potato wedges are soooo good. I also substitute sweet potatoes sometimes. That sweet and spicy taste mixed together is really great.

Spicy Roasted Potato Wedges.
* 5 russet potatoes cut in 1/2 wedges
(about 3 1/2 lbs.)
* 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1 Tbsp. paprika
* Salt and Pepper to taste
* 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp. dried thyme
* 1 clove garlic minced. (I use the kind in the jar because I hate messing with garlic)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In large bowl combine potatoes, oil, paprika,salt, pepper,cayenne and thyme.
Toss well to coat.

Divide potatoes between 2 rimmed baking sheets spreading out in a single layer.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and flip potatoes over.
Sprinkle with garlic.
Put pans bake in oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

**NOTE** The first time I made these I cut the potatoes a little thicker than I should have and they took a little longer to cook to be tender. Just poke them with a fork to make sure they are done to your likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment