Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Look What I Found

What a wonderful Day!! Not only did I find an old friend Anissa whom I have not seen for years, but I also found out that she has a wonderful recipe blog Anissa's Kitchen just filled with mouth watering, yummy treats. I have been cruising it for hours just wishing I could taste each one.

Chicken Broccoli Pasta is one of my favorite things to order when dinning out and I found out Anissa had it on her blog I though I would share it with you!














Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Pasta


1 lb penne pasta

1 ½ cup broccoli

1 ½ to 2 cups cooked chicken

1 Tablespoons butter

2 cloves garlic can add extra (we did)

2 Tablespoons flour

¾ cup chicken broth

3/4 cup milk

2 Tablespoons parsley flakes Red pepper flakes (to taste)

Salt and pepper to taste

1/3 to ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (can add extra we did)

Cook pasta according to directions. Melt butter and add garlic in medium sauce pan cook over med heat for 1 min.Add flour and cook for another min stirring constantly, Stir in broth and milk and cook stirring until sauce boils and thickens, Add chicken and broccoli and stir, Add parsley, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and cheese. Stir till cheese is melted. Add pasta and toss till covered. Serve with extra parmesan on top. This was very yummy and fairly easy to make .












No comments:

Post a Comment