Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cricket's Chicken Fajitas

Cricket's Chicken Fajitas


I made this one up one day when I was craving Fajitas them but didn't really have a recipe. It worked out great and now my family asks for them all the time.

















One Large onion sliced in strips


One large green bell pepper sliced in thin strips


One large red bell pepper sliced in thin strips


One large Yellow bell pepper sliced in thin strips


2-3 chicken breast sliced in strips and marinated for a few hours or over night


I bottle wish bone Italian salad dressing


I package Tortilla's



Pour some of the salad dressing into a ziplock bag and add chicken. Let marinate for as long as you like...a few hours or over night in fridge.


when ready to cook, spray a nonstick frying pan with spray and add the chicken to brown a little.
















 The marinade will evaporate as it cooks. When chicken is done take out of pan and use the same pan to cook peppers and onions.
















 Add them to pan and pour some of the salad dressing over them mixing well and cover with lid. Cook over medium heat adding more dressing if needed. Putting the lid on will steam the peppers and onion with the dressing for a fantastic flavor. When almost done (to your liking) add back in the chicken and cover and heat until chicken is hot. (In this picture I have added a can of drained and rinsed black beans)



















Warm you tortilla's if you want in microwave and ENJOY!



















Garnishes we like are , shredded cheese, avocado, salsa, and little soy sauce. Just use your imagination.


**I also sometimes like to drain a can of black beans and add them for the last 5 minutes of cook time**




*NOTE* I use 3-4 chicken breast because I have big eaters in my house and we like leftovers. You can cut back on the amount of peppers, onions and chicken if you ahve a smaller family or don't want any leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good luck.

    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    ReplyDelete