Buttermilk Fried Chicken
1 (3 3/4lb.) cut up whole chicken
3 cups buttermilk
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
2 cups all purpose flour
Vegatable Oil (about 1/4 inch in your skillet)
1. Combine chicken and buttermilk in a large non-metal bowl, cober and chill 8-12 hours. Drain chicken discarding the buttermilk.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine salt and pepper, sprinkle half of the salt mixture over chicken. Combine remaining remaining salt mixture and flour in a large zip-lock freezer bag. Place 2 pieces of chicken in bag, seal bag and shake to coat. Remove chicken. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
3. Pour oil to depth of 1/4 inch in a skillet. Fry pieces in 2 batches in hot oil over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until browned.
4.Place chicken on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
And look at the yummy results!!
Banana Bread Cobbler
1 cup self -rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 medium-size ripe bananas sliced
Streusel Topping (recipe at botom)
Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients just until blended, whisk in melted butter. Pour batter into a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish. Top with sliced bananas, and sprinkle with the Streusel Topping.
2. bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with vanilla icecream or whipped topping.
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup self- rising flour
1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup uncooked regular oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Stir togethere brown sugar, flour and butter until crumbly, using a fork. Stir in oats and pecans.