Saturday, November 10, 2012

Taco Soup (Revisited)

Well the weather outside is frightful, but the soup inside is delightful!! Now that it is cold and snowing one of the first things that pops into my mind is yummy soup. And one of mt very favorites is Taco Soup.
Taco Soup


1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained of any fat.

1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn

1 15 oz. can kidney beans

1 15 oz. can black beans

1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I use the spicy ones)

1 package taco seasoning mix

I also use a little chili powder too, because I like mine spicy. But you can omit this if you like yours a little milder.

Once you have browned and drained the ground beef, transfer it to a stock pot or your favorite soup pot. Add all other ingredients. Do Not drain the liquid from the corn or beans. Cook for about 30 minutes to one hour.

Garnish with your favorites. We like sour cream, chopped green onions, shredded cheese and of course you must throw in a few tortilla chips or Fritos.

* I usually double all the ingredients to make a double batch. We really like this soup and tend to eat it till it's gone. Yes we have portion control issues at my house...LOL









1 comment:

  1. We like ours thicker so I add a can of refried beans. My oldest has been wanting me to make this for the last couple weeks. I will be making it soon. This is good any time of year!

    ReplyDelete