Thursday, November 15, 2012

Marshmallow Whip Cheescake

OMGosh....this is amazing! Light and fluffy and ohhhhh so good.


I found this wonderful recipe on Peacock Coffe House. My mom used to make a similar version of it when I was young. I have tried a few different variaties but this one is the best!



Graham Cracker Crust

40 squares of graham crackers (crushed) (or check out my cheater method at bottom).

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)

Mix above ingredients. Press into top and sides of 9 x 13' greased pan. Reserve 1/2 cup for top.

Filling:

10 1/2 oz. large marshmallows (40 marshmallows)

3/4 cup milk

2 - 8-oz. packages of cream cheese

12-oz. Container of fat-free Cool Whip



Melt marshmallows and milk over low heat. Beat cream cheese; add marshmallow mixture. Cool. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread into crust and sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crust. Refrigerate until set.


** I am not a big fan of making graham cracker crust. I bought 2 of the round ready made ones by Keebler and they worked just fine. I kept one cheesecake and gave the other to a neighbor.**






No comments:

Post a Comment