Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Budget Friendly Chicken Alfredo

My son loves Chicken Alfredo...and this recipe is so budget friendly I can make it once a week.

I start with these....


They are usually only .99 per package and I almost always have coupons.
I cook according to the package directions. It only has to cook for about 7 minutes. At minute 4 or 5 I add in the other things that make it so yummy. Like leftover chicken. I always have a bag of these frozen mesquite chicken breast from Sam's Club in my freezer. Three minutes in the microwave and they are all done. I cooked the chicken while the pasta was cooking. So the whole dinner only took me about 15 minutes!!


I also add in a handful of frozen peas. But you could add corn, mushrooms, asparagus or anything else you like. A whole bag of peas is usually a dollar or less.


The results is a plate full of yumminess. Add a piece of garlic bread and it's a wonderful meal that is fit for any budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment