Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Comfort Foods In The Summer

Ever have a day when you are craving some comfort food that you usually only have in the winter. No one wants to heat up the kitchen with the oven on when it is 100 degrees outside! That is why I like love my crockpot so much.

Yesterday I made Chicken and Dumplings in the crockpot and filled that empty spot without turn the house into a sauna! So Easy and soooo YUMMY!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings.

 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves ( I cut mine into chunks so it is easier to serve and eat when it is done)

 2 Tbl. Butter

 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup

 1 onion, finely diced

 2 (10 ounce) pkgs, refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into piece
 
Directions

 1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.

 2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is cooked through. It will usually take anywhere from 20-30 minutes for the dough to cook through, depending on your crockpot.
*NOTE* The recipe doesn't call for these things but I love to add my own touches to any recipe. I added some baby carrots in the beginning, and a handful of frozen whole kernel corn, and a handful of frozen peas when I knew the basics where all done. About 45 minutes before I added the biscuits. Adding the frozen veggies cooled the crockpot down a bit so I wanted to make sure it was bubbling again before I added the biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment