Thursday, June 28, 2012

Basic Green Smoothie


Ok, I have finally done it. I have jumped on the "Green Smoothie" band wagon. I have gained weight by stress eating the last few months, I am feeling sluggish, don't have a lot of enery or desire to do much. Body just feeling off and out of whack. I know I need to make some changes, and NOT starting my day with cereal or bread is one of the first I will make. I have several friends that swear they have never felt better since they started drinking these each day.

I have looked at a lot of smoothie recipes and think this one is right for me. Nothing fancy, just your basic "Green Smoothie" recipe.

Green Smoothie
8 oz. (1 cup) unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or coconut milk.
2 big handfuls fresh baby spinach
2-21/2 cups mixed frozen fruit
1-2 teaspoons agave nectar

Combine everything in your blender and blend until smooth.

*Depending on what colors of fruits you use your smoothie may look more red or purple than green.*

**Picture is compliments of a google search* My picture would have never looked that good**

No comments:

Post a Comment